Monday, September 17, 2007

Reasons for learning Japanese...

So sometimes my grandmother would take me out to eat lunch with her friends sometimes, and the conversation would be, you know, mostly in Korean. If there is some kind of secret that they don't want me to hear, they'll start speaking in Japanese... as they know I won't understand...

SO, i hope that i can start to listen in and understand their secrets... and then reply back to them in Japanese to shock them... hehe

kind of a twisted reason to learn japanese, no?

4 comments:

yukki said...

LOL! Sounds a bit twisted, but very interesting (^^) I hope you'll surprise your grandmother and her friends very soon!

That reminds me of something---When I taught Japanese at high school in the U.S., one of the reasons why students were studying Japanese was to pass notes in the language their teachers wouldn't understand.

Unfortunate Futurist said...

Not so much. when i was living in japan, i learned a lot of my japanese from the children i taught, but i never let them know how much i knew. that way, i could listen to their conversations and understand what they were saying about me. then, when they said naughty things in japanese I could say だめ! やめて! それわっかた that surprised them

Eddie said...

hahaha this is exactly like my dad and my uncle..they would go on a japanese rampage making fun of me....형우리 열심히 해보자구요!!

jusdeananas said...

No, that's a perfect reason to learn the language ! lol !